What is #IMChat?
#IMChat is an online chat on Twitter that happens every week on Tuesday’s at 2PM ET. The topics are around interactive and digital marketing. Anyone can join in the chat there are few ground rules but most importantly use your common sense. Dont say things that might hurt you or your business. Also find some chat tips that i have learned from other chat sessions. This weeks chat is on Forrester’s CORE methodology.
Rules of Engagement
- You first tweet should include #IMChat, your name, title, and company you work for.
- Subsequent tweets must start with the question number you are responding to and the #IMChat hashtag. For example, “@ssusarla Q3 #IMChat Email marketing rocks!”
- Be yourself
- Do not push your product during the conversation.
- Take personal responsibility on sharing. Use common sense and don’t say things that might hurt your business.
- Be nice to your fellow comrades.
How to #IMChat?
Now that you know about IMChat the easiest way to join the conversation is goto http://tweetchat.com/room/imchat and enter your twitter ID and password. This will take you to a page where everyone will be tweeting about marketing. All of your posts will end with the letters #imchat so other people not in the room can follow along.
If you’re a more advanced user, you can also use tools like TweetChat, TweetGrid, or TweetDeck to filter for all posts mark #imchat.
You can also do a twitter search for #imchat to filter all posts with that hashtag, just remember when you respond please add the hash #imchat in your tweets.
What can you expect? Fast-paced conversation, 140 characters or less at a time. Every 20 minutes or so a moderator will throw into the mix a new question. You’re not required to answer the question, but it’s a terrific way to get a variety of perspectives to keep the conversation moving.
Here are a few tips I’ve discovered while participating in Tweet chats:
- Don’t try to read every single msg., especially if it gets fast. Consider what you catch serendipity.
- Everything you write during the chat will go to all your twitter followers unless you DM someone.
- If ur tweets go to FB, disable app before chat or begin with @ respond & it won’t forward to FB.
- Stay on topic as best you can. Tho not vital you answer all Q, sticking w/ topic keeps chat focused.
- When writing, complete thoughts help followers outside chat learn from you.